HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABRAHAM LINCOLN!
2. He practiced law without a degree. REBEL, REBEL! Lincoln had about 18 months of formal schooling.
3. He wanted women to have the vote in 1836. The future president was a suffragette before it became fashionable. #hipsterlincoln
4. He was a big animal lover, but he wouldn’t hunt or fish. #animallivesmatter #PETA
5. He really was a wrestler. Lincoln was documented as taking part in wrestling bouts. #nacholibre
6. He lost in his first bid for a presidential ticket. The unknown Lincoln was an unsuccessful vice presidential candidate in 1856 at the Republican convention.
7. He never belonged to an organized church. Lincoln read the Bible daily, but he never joined an organized church in his lifetime.
8. He never drink, smoke, or chew. Lincoln was a simple man of tastes, and he never drank in the White House. Straight edge prez!
9. He didn’t have a middle name. Lincoln went through his life with two names. Basically Beyonce of the 1800s...
10. He hated being called Abe. Apparently, he preferred being called by his last name. So yeah Beyonce status...
Posted in: History